Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Social Networking on the Walkway

Well it is the second to last day of the conference and I just now discovered wifi access within the exhibitor's hall. I happened to be using one of the email computers that were within the hall and I noted a little white piece of paper sitting next the computer stations which gave instructions on how to access the wifi.

Ok I admit I am probably have a reserved spot on the short bus some days, but I completely missed this tid bit of networking knowledge. However, I am not the only one who was unaware of wifi access in the exhibitor's hall. In my quest to find free hot spots I met many other librarians in the process. At one point and time while I was sitting on the walkway from the hotel to Pennsylvania Convention Center uploading my blog posts (because it was free hot spot AND it had a power outlet nearby) four librarians stopped in their tracks and asked me if I was able to get online. Two people ran to their rooms and immediately joined me on the walkway.

Perhaps the little white pieces of papers listing the wifi instructions could have been a little bigger and bolder. Perhaps it could have been added to our registration packets. However, if it was then I wouldn't have made two more friends on the walkway.

2 comments:

The Krafty Librarian said...

(note this was emailed to me and I have posted it as a comment with the author's permission)

I couldn’t agree with you more about the wireless. I saw the announcement in the program, and still couldn’t find the information on how to connect/use it. I also accidentally stumbled over the instructions in the Internet CafĂ©. I’m glad this first step to broadly available wireless at MLA happened, and I’m sure it will not be the last. Hopefully, we’ll have more wireless and do a better job of letting people know about it next year in Chicago.

-Jane

Unknown said...

This is not usual to uncover excellent expensive items just for such an cost-effective price tag, although the view sector is promoting a lot in the past years this nowadays designer watches are now not accessible used only for the particular well-to-do handful of. You can obtain the actual refined search and not shell out unbelievably substantial rates replica cartier watches uk. And also knowledge superstars often prefer to differentiate yourself and turn into one of a kind? Most certainly, the advantage that for that reason most of them dont stop learning . into Breitling devices should make it clear the way in which good they may be. Ones own status does not necessarily affect his or her worth or even lure in the least! When looking at incredible individuals want folks using them, its unachievable never to want to combine running watches assortment! Typically the wrist watches, simply because you know, are one of the most sought-after swiss wrist watches available, not merely because of their appears to be like, but more there is not any excellence plus best of all replica breitling uk, any impression connected with freedom that is included with these products. This kind of makes these folks the principle choice of most of the number one details around wax replica watches. Marriage ceremony unexpected in any case, offered that love done during the entire many decades into having appropriate, responsible, in addition to allow us to not even abandon fabulous, designer watches. However, permit me to make it clear in the first place: I am not likely debating economical replicas that not necessarily stand an opportunity go away off when realistic. I am talking about high-class looks after with an exceptional similarity into the true watches. Still although they need every one of the components you are looking at from a enjoy, their own incontrovertible benefits is definitely the high cost.